Posted by Warrior
[Neh 8:10 NKJV] 10 Then he said to them, “Go your way, eat the fat, drink the sweet, and send portions to those for whom nothing is prepared; for [this] day [is] holy to our Lord. Do not sorrow, for the joy of the LORD is your strength.”
[Psa 21:1 NKJV] 1 To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David. The king shall have joy in Your strength, O LORD; And in Your salvation how greatly shall he rejoice!
[Hab 3:18 NKJV] 18 Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.
[Psa 35:27 NKJV] 27 Let them shout for joy and be glad, Who favor my righteous cause; And let them say continually, “Let the LORD be magnified, Who has pleasure in the prosperity of His servant.”
[Isa 29:19 NKJV] 19 The humble also shall increase [their] joy in the LORD, And the poor among men shall rejoice In the Holy One of Israel.
[Jer 15:16 NKJV] 16 Your words were found, and I ate them, And Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart; For I am called by Your name, O LORD God of hosts.
[Mat 25:21 NKJV] 21 “His lord said to him, ‘Well [done], good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’
- Neh 8 – Take JOY from God’s STRENGTH.
- PS 21 & Hab 3 – Take JOY from your SALVATION.
- PS 35 – Take JOY from the fact that it pleasures God to PROSPER you.
- Isa 29 –Take JOY from your HUMBLENESS.
- Take JOY even when you are POOR.
- Jer 15 – Take JOY from God’s WORD.
- Mat 25 – Take JOY from your FAITHFULLNESS
Conspicuously absent from this list, is praise. There is only a couple of verses where JOY and Praise is found together in the same verse. None of these verses say or even imply that praising God will bring you JOY. In fact the Psalms seem to imply the opposite:
[Psa 42:4 NKJV] 4 When I remember these [things], I pour out my soul within me. For I used to go with the multitude; I went with them to the house of God, With the voice of joy and praise, With a multitude that kept a pilgrim feast.
[Psa 43:4 NKJV] 4 Then I will go to the altar of God, To God my exceeding joy; And on the harp I will praise You, O God, my God.
These imply you need to ALREADY have JOY when you GO to praise God!
Maybe this is because praise might at best bring TEMPORARY happiness or because God wants your praise to be filled with JOY from the start. We should not praise to GET our JOY, we should show and GIVE our JOY with our praise…
LASTING JOY comes from:
- Neh 8 – God’s STRENGTH
- PS 21 & Hab 3 – Your SALVATION
- PS 35 – God’s pleasure in PROSPERING you
- Isa 29 – Your HUMBLENESS, irrespective of your circumstances
- Jer 15 – God’s WORD
- Mat 25 – Your FAITHFULLNESS
Note how satan attacks us in these areas:
- Neh 8 – He makes you doubt God’s STRENGTH and mightiness
- PS 21 & Hab 3 – He make your doubt your SALVATION
- PS 35 – He convinces you that God does not want to PROSPER you
- Isa 29 – He breaks your HUMBLENESS, and inflates you pride
- Jer 15 – He interrupts, postpones and steals your time from God’s WORD
- Mat 25 – He kills your FAITHFULLNESS, and increases your doubts.
In all these areas He steals, kills and destroys your JOY and makes you MISERABLE!
So whenever you feel miserable, determine in which area(s) satan is busy attacking you. Then speak His promises / Word over your situation, pray about it, get edification and support from fellow believers or renew and transform you mind (Rom 12:2) in these areas:
- Neh 8 – Increase your meditation and understanding of God’s STRENGTH and mightiness
- PS 21 & Hab 3 – Increase your understanding of what your SALVATION means, what it cost God to bring it to you, what rewards you will receive in heaven
- PS 35 – Increase your convictions that we serve a GOOD God, that takes PLEASURE in PROSPERING you in all areas, not just materially
- Isa 29 – Work on cultivating your HUMBLENESS – God cannot stand pride, this is the number one sin that leads to so many others and is what made satan fall. Note it explicitly states the MORE humble you are, the MORE your JOY will INCREASE!
- Jer 15 – Increase your study of God’s WORD, the more you daily live and eat of His Word, the more JOY you will have.
- Mat 25 – Increase your FAITHFULNESS, kill any doubts and build your faith. Surround yourself with people that will build and edify your faith. The more you doubt His mightiness, His Plan and His faithfulness, the less JOY you will have.
This creates a lasting JOY, sufficient to carry you through any hardships here on earth.
Do not let satan steal your JOY – and when you catch him doing so, use the above to get it back!