How do I really KNOW if I’m saved?
You have to be fully, brutally honest and then answer the following questions.
If you answer NO to any of these questions, then you might not have a saving faith – yet:
– Do you confess Jesus loudly, without shame wherever you go, and do you truly believe in a literal resurrection, ascension and afterlife?
Rom 10:9 NKJV – that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
– Are you really sorry about your sins, and have you truly repented and turned from them?
2Cr 7:10 NKJV – For godly sorrow produces repentance [leading] to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.
1Jo 5:18 NLT – We know that God’s children do not make a practice of sinning, for God’s Son holds them securely, and the evil one cannot touch them.
– Does your works (what you do daily) show your faith?
Jam 2:26 NKJV – For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
– Are you producing the correct fruit, and have you crucified your flesh with its dirty passions and desires?
Gal 5:22 NKJV – But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
Gal 5:23 NKJV – gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Gal 5:24 NKJV – And those [who are] Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
Gal 5:25 NKJV – If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Jam 3:17 NKJV – But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.
– Do you truly love your brethren / brothers / fellow believers? Not like. Love.
1Jo 3:14 NKJV – We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love [his] brother abides in death.
1Jo 3:15 NKJV – Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.
1Jo 4:20 NKJV – If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?
1Jo 4:21 NKJV – And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God [must] love his brother also.
– Do you have your tongue under control?
Jam 1:26 NKJV – If anyone among you thinks he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this one’s religion [is] useless.
– Have you forgiven everyone that sinned against you?
Mat 6:14-15 NKJV 14 “For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 “But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.